Please take an E-Flyer and Banner, and spread the GOOD word!
Add to your blogs, profile pics, etc
Email to friends, print out and pass around
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Support women-owned sustainable businesses while getting your holiday shopping done!
New York, November 15, 2012: Sponsored by the New York Women Social Entrepreneurs (NYWSE), Rubina, an online shop and story-sharing platform for the work, traditions and techniques of female artisans and designers, and the Centre for Social Innovation (CSI), a co-working space, community center and incubator for people and organizations that are changing the world in NYC, the GIVE GOOD Market will be a venue of more than 25 women-owned sustainable businesses selling their wares and garnering attention to their businesses that incorporate astute attention to design, craft, women empowerment, environmental responsibility, and social entrepreneurship. Female designers and entrepreneurs will be selling an assortment of bags, scarves, jewelry and clothing, proceeds of which all go back to supporting the social or environmental causes they’ve built their businesses upon. The GIVE GOOD Market will also incorporate supplemental programming such as DIY events, film screenings, and panels, as well as an ongoing art exhibition sponsored by the Underline Gallery of women artists as well as a closing party with musical entertainment in on Saturday evening.
- Location: Starrett Lehigh Building, 601 West 26th Street at 11th Avenue
- Nearby Subways: 23rd Street C,E station or 23rd Street 1
- Market will be open: Friday, November 30 – Saturday, December 1
- Event price: FREE (DIY events are up to $10)
- Telephone number: 212-447-5403 (building number)
- Designers: Mercado Global, Shannon South Handbags, KORA, and Study NY to name a few…
- Programming Partners: Half the Sky, BurdaStyle, Textile Arts Center, Eileen Fisher, Accion USA, The Story of Stuff, The Story Exchange, and Lower East Side Girls Club.
For full schedule of events please visit http://givegoodmarket.com/schedule/
Pre-register for the event for your chance to win a Rubina Dazzle Clutch! http://givegoodmarket.eventbrite.com/#
kari [at] rubinadesign.com